As a manufacturer of printers, HP is known for its reliability. They usually work for years before causing a problem and need to be fixed. HP Officejet 3830 is usually a well-liked printer for office use. But a common problem that can arise in this model is when HP Officejet 3830 not printing color. Imagine having a normal workday, working hard, meeting deadlines, and suddenly your printer is giving up on you.
It can be beyond frustrating especially if you are on a tight schedule. But like it or not printers are just machines that are prone to wear and tear after constant use. In this scenario, a lot of frustrated posts arise asking why is my HP 3830 not printing in color. Let’s try and find the answer to that.
HP OfficeJet 3830 Not Printing Color
If your HP Officejet 3830 is only printing black and white and not color, you should, first of all, try the below steps to fix it
- On your PC go to the control panel and click on Devices and Printers
- At the top, you will find an option
- Go to “choose a Device or Printer” and click on “the printer I want isn’t listed”
- Now select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address”
- Tap on the wireless/Ethernet icon on the printer screen, you will be able to see the IP address of the printer
- Type the IP address in the IP address box and click next
- Follow the instructions
- Now try printing in color
This is well likely to solve the issue. But if the problems remain the same here’s another thing you can do to try and fix it
- Use the Windows built-in driver and install the printer. Print again if necessary.
Windows 10 users are more likely to experience this issue. When you don’t see your HP Officejet 3830 not printing color in Windows 10 make sure that after downloading and installing the Windows 10 drivers and software from HP, you need to open the HP print program and choose your options. From those options choose “Print in Color”.
Once the setting is done, you are good to go.
More on canon mp620 b200 error
HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing A Particular Color
Sometimes it is just one color that your HP Officejet 3830 refuses to print. This can be really baffling and annoying at the same time.
Although it seems obvious, first of all, check the cartridges and change them if they need to be if you haven’t already done that.
If that doesn’t do it then try some of the following steps
- Turn on the printer
- Now disconnect the printer cord from the rear of the printer while it is still on.
- Unplug the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Then wait for a minute and plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the cord to the printer.
- Now try printing.
Learn more about How to print without a printer
HP Officejet 3830 Not Printing Red
First things first, check the cartridge. Check for cyan other than cartridge ink level, ink level is displayed on the printer’s control panel. If it is low then replace the cartridge and try printing. If that is not the issue you can uninstall and then reinstall HP Officejet 3830 driver. Windows is the only platform that supports this. You can now check if this fixed the problem.
The same can be done if HP Officejet 3830 not printing magenta.
However, what if you cannot print on paper with your HP Officejet 3830? Take some standard measures to see if the issue is resolved.
- First of all, you should always use genuine HP cartridges.
- Secondly, you should check the estimated ink levels of the cartridges and replace if needed.
- A tool that automatically cleans the printhead can be used if the problem persists.
The issue of printers not printing a specific color or not printing anything at all can arise in other printer brands as well. For example, Canon is also a well-known brand that can have this issue.
Check out HP 65 vs HP 65 xl
Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
Let’s try to find out how to fix the Canon printer printing blank pages. As there are many models of these printers, troubleshooting may be different for each model.
For example, if your Canon MG7700 is printing blank pages take out these simple steps to try and resolve this
- Check and see if the ink tank has sufficient ink or not
- If that is not the case then
- Print the nozzle check pattern, this will clean the print head
- If still the issue persists, there is a chance your printhead might be broken. Contact a Canon service center to get it repaired.
- Similarly, if you face the issue of CanonMX922 not printing anything on the paper perform the above-mentioned steps and see if the problem is resolved.
Reference & Source: